Pace Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Grande Prairie 2019
Join us on Thursday, May 30th 2019 for the 4th Annual Pace Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® campaign in recognition of Sexual Violence Awareness Month (#SVAM) in Alberta! This is our annual pledge based fundraising and public awareness campaign that asks participants to literally walk a mile in high-heeled shoes in order to encourage dialogue around issues of sexual violence.
A Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® event creates an atmosphere of openness and fun around subjects that can often be difficult to talk about while encouraging men in our communities to be allies in ending sexual violence.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
We strongly encourage Men to register as individuals or as part of a team, however registration and participation is open to all members of the community who wish to create awareness and support for those impacted by sexual violence, and who wish to raise funds in support of Pace.
– All participants must register. You may register as an individual or as part of a Team. Those who join a Team can designate a Team Captain and create a Team Name. We love to see Team Themes, Costumes and Uniforms!
– Family & friends are welcome and encouraged to attend the event to cheer on our Walkers!
– A BBQ Meal is included in the registration cost, however friends and family may purchase dinner on site on event day.
– A registration fee of $25 per participant applies.
– All participants must pay the registration fee and sign the release waiver prior to the beginning of the walk.
– Costumes and uniforms are highly encouraged, along with fun team names! We ask that you please consider the nature of the event and our organization in deciding on costumes and team names.
Online registration through our CanadaHelps page is now open:
You can also register in person at Pace during regular office hours.
*Please note we are closed over the lunch hour