Thursday, October 4, 2018 JOINT MEDIA RELEASE
Tri-Municipal Industrial Partnership Area Structure Plan Public Engagement
Beginning next month, the Tri-Municipal Industrial Partnership will be inviting input from the public on the development of an Area Structure Plan for their proposed Heavy Industrial District Project located in the MD of Greenview, south of Grande Prairie City and County on Highway 40. The TMIP was created by the Municipal District of Greenview, the County of Grande Prairie and the City of Grande Prairie to explore opportunities for developing a world class heavy eco- industrial district.
The Area Structure Plan will establish land use policy, access requirements and serving needs for the Industrial District. The proposed area is already served by rail, road and pipeline infrastructure, and is located on one of the largest conventional gas formations in North America.
The TMIP will engage with the public in order to:
- Build a common understanding about the nature, scope and duration of anticipated uses within the District;
- Gather stakeholder input and advice into the development of the District;
- Learn about how the lands have traditionally been used;
- Understand what expectations the public may have related to the District; and
- Build a common understanding of potential impacts, benefits and potential management strategies of impacts and benefits.
There will be two phases of public engagement. The first is scheduled to occur during the third week of October 2018 at two Open House Public Meetings:
Grande Prairie Open House:
October 24, 2018, 6:30 p.m. Clarkson Hall
Entrec Centre | Evergreen Park Grande Prairie County No. 1 Alberta T0H 0G0
Grovedale Open House
October 25, 2018, 6:00 p.m.
Grovedale Public Service Building 56361 Township Road 695A, Grovedale Alberta T0H 1X0
For information regarding public engagement dates, times and venues, please visit expandyourvision.ca/tmip.
- 30 -
Media inquiries may be directed to:
Economic Development MD of Greenview